Skip to main content

friday again

i promise 
i swear 
i must 
i will 
post more than just on fridays. look at it this way, i have big goals this week! but now it is friday, so lets go link up! 
 


1//    ummm last week i wasn't here to post because, i was here!

and it was warm
beautiful
relaxing
fun
traveling...holy, kath and I had an adventure! so it started with our first flight into ATL. the landing was insane...like I was truly scared, scared because I was frantically searching in the seat back pocket in front of me for the sick bag and couldn't find it, I was so worried I wasn't going to be able to hold it in.
sure enough after what felt like 30 minutes on the millennium force, I felt those wheels touch down. we then had to walk to 10k steps on the fitbit to the next terminal because I was not getting on anything that moved me. yes, that may just be our luggage sitting out in the rain. 

then day 1 while resting peacefully laying on the beach...wham, the lifeguard chair comes falling on me. like the big umbrella, coming right at me as I am peacefully reading my book, which was a great book btw, more to come on that. good thing our lifeguard was quick, he lept into action and jumped in and saved my life by catching the umbrella and chair before it squashed me like a grape.

2//   work outs while traveling, I did them. this place was ginormous, literally built into the side of a huge hill/mountain. kath was not excited when I told her 'lets go walk the hills' on the first morning at 8am. but we did it and boy were there hills, and we will have the buns of steel to prove it. day 2 I ran on the treadmill but even so there were so many stairs throughout the resort just to get to the pools, main hotel or restaurant, so you had to put in some serious steps. the old fitbit was on fire and I was defiantly getting in my stairs and steps everyday. all those stairs did make me appreciate my happy video workouts I can do right in my own home. :)

  

3//   breaking and entering...yeah, I did it, with a security guard of course. so after my ah-mazing oxygen facial I took full advantage of those spa showers and got ready right there with all those fun shampoos and smells they have around the locker room. 

in doing so I had to take my fitbit off. now please remember above when I told you how much I was moving, well I was not going to loose my 12k+ steps a day because of a lost fitbit, so you can imagine my panic when I got back to my casita and realized my fitbit was not on my wrist! bummer that the spa had closed right before I realized, so what did I do you ask? I called steve, our personal butler, he was no help, like zero, really it is just fun to say you have a personal butler, huge bummer when he is mia. anyway...I called security, who met me at the spa, which was all locked up. that didn't stop me and my security pal, who didn't have a key. we climbed through a closet, into a trap door and made it into the girls locker room. from there we searched the showers and no fitbit. then I remembered, the robe! it is in the robe pocket! so we army crawled, not really but it just sounds cool for this covert operation, back to where I dumped the robe in the laundry bin, as you can imagine. I couldn't stop searching though, I had to find that fitbit with it's million of moves on it! as my security pal called another department to find out where they take the laundry, I went searching for the laundry and found it! I then had to search through a pile of robes looking in the pockets for my bit and I am super happy to report it is back on my wrist right where it belongs. are you a fitbit fan? if so, I know you would have done the same.

4//  did you know, last week about this time I was floating in the middle of the apace where the Caribbean and the Atlantic meet. the water was beautiful blue, I was a bit nervous a shark or any type of sea life for that matter, may come eat my feet off. I snorkeled a bit, I sat on a really, really, big boat, I roamed around ricky martin's island, but the most fun was just hanging out in the water around this empty island. what an amazing experience and fun time and I am so grateful I had it.




 
                            

5//  I know all of this sounds fun, but really the  best part was coming home to my people. my house was clean, the groceries were there, my kiddos were happy and I was well rested. I missed them so much but love that they got that super dad time and love that I get to snuggle them a little closer after being away.  

6//  ok, I know there is only 5 but I just have to give a shout out to my challenge group who still killed it while I was away! we are wrapping up and I felt bad leaving them so close to the end, but that did not stop them! 



our next go around is going to be some shaunT love. really, how can you not love this guy! the good news is if you hate burpees, push ups, tuck jumps and all that fun, you can still do this, because there is none of that! but if you still crave those moves like me, there is an option for you as well.




are you ready to push play and join me? come on ya'all!!!





Comments